Ensure the safety of your most prized possessions with the only climate controlled storage in the area. Temperatures are carefully maintained eliminating worries about pests, temperature damage, or corrosion. See our list of Climate Sensitive items.
Some storage items require extreme care; especially in areas with extreme temperatures, like Michigan. That’s why Caro Self Storage offers climate controlled storage units. Safely store your old photos and family heirlooms with us. We recommended CLIMATE CONTROLLED STORAGE for protecting fabrics, clothes, furniture, artwork, and other items subject to moisture, mildew, or mold damage:
- Heated and Cooled Spaces provide protection from extreme temperatures.
- Humidity Controlled environment protects belongings from moisture damage typical to the Great Lakes environment.
- Enclosed hallways help minimize dirt and dust damage.
- A separate electric keypad at door entry adds security to controlled access building.
- 24-hour Day/Night access of units with auto lighting
- Trucks, Dollies and hand trucks available to assist in loading belongings. (link)
- Size Units: 5X10, 10×10, 10×20, 15X20
EFFECTS OF EXTREME TEMPERATURE ON STORAGE
Cracking, tearing, breakage and warping of wood from expanding and contracting in extreme heat and cold.
Yellowing and degradation of fabrics and papers from extreme temperatures.
Mold and mildew stains on papers and fabrics caused by fungus-friendly temperatures.
Rust, corrosion and weakening of metal which has been exposed to moisture, as well as very hot and very low temperatures.
Ruin of electronics by dampness or extreme cold.
Warping of items, as well as fading and degradation of sound and image quality.
Damage to furniture and fabrics by rodents or insects.
CLIMATE SENSITIVE ITEMS
- Artwork (paintings, drawings, posters, etc.)
- Classic cars
- Audio equipment
- Cameras and other photography equipment
Household and Personal Items.
- Family heirlooms and history records
- Photos and photo albums